In the Middle of Nowhere

making memories in the country

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Swimming Lessons


What an improvement today over the last two days! Naomi was 100% better in the water today than ever before. Yesterday started out a bit shaky but I got her to go in the water via a ramp (instead of standing on a table in the water) and she felt much more comfortable. Today she had no problems going with the lifeguard to try her front and back floats and even went under the water when she went down the little slide. She is so proud of herself and keeps asking Anna, "Isn't I great, Anna?" To which Anna replys in a groan, "Yes, you're great Naomi" and then adds, "Did you see what I did today, Mom?" I'm so glad I pushed Naomi that little bit because she has no problems swimming in our backyard pool and really enjoys the water. I didn't want to give up on her right away because then her fear of the big pool may have stuck with her and then we would start all over again next year. Now she will be ready to brave the lakes when we go camping :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Nancy-Mom said...

Wow, good job Naomi ! swimming is lots of fun isn't it, especially when you know how. Maybe when grandpa and grandma come next time, Anna and you can take us to the big pool and show us what you've learned.
Didn't realize your backyard swimming pool was that big. Looks like fun.
Now you can help Naomi learn too Anna. Good job !

7:16 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home