In the Middle of Nowhere

making memories in the country

Monday, July 10, 2006

Sun & Fun



We sure got our fair share of swimming this weekend and it was good practice for the kids. On Friday afternoon we went to Bob & Donna's for a pool party and BBQ. Dan & Carroll were also there with there cute little boy, Ben. They have a heated pool and nice yard out in the country so it was a real treat for us. Naomi was getting real brave and started to jump off the edge of the pool to someone by herself with only a noodle. She also (along with Anna) partially got rid of her fear of dogs; Lucy (a gentle Golden Retriever) was nice enough to let the girls pet her and hug her without jumping up on them.
On Saturday, I played in a soccer tournament all day for the Canadian Reformed Soccer League. I was quite impressed because it's been years since I played on the young people's team in London and never quite knew how big this league had become. There were 24 teams there and they represented almost every church in Ontario. I got asked to play because the Elora team was short on girls and I wasn't about to turn down a day of fun and exercise. I got more than I bargained for though and ended up playing five games because we actually did quite well. It's a good thing I play every Friday night in a Ladies Recreational League otherwise I don't think I would be able to walk. I am a little stiff and sore though. Colin watched two games and then took the girls to a park that has a nice playground and big bowl shaped pool.
Sunday night we had a nice time at Pete & Chandra's house for a farewell party for Nick and Lisa. Even though we didn't spend a lot of time with them it was nice to touch base and wish them the Lord's blessings in their new surroundings. We will hopefully, DV, see them sometime again when we visit out west again. Hopefully sooner than later, right Mom?
The two pictures of Bethany are from her birthday on Canada Day, and the two on the bottom are from McCrae Lake.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nancy-Mom said...

Nice pictures, now we feel like we're more involved with you and the girls, love it !
5 games Laura ? are you crazy or what ??? what was the temperature like, not too hot I hope. I get tired just thinking about it !
I'll have to look at Chandra's pictures again and see if I can find you guys on there as well. Trying to decide on the pictures of Bethany, who she looks like on these ones, I see Emma but I think I also see Lindsey....oh well, it's all in the family anyway !

11:26 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the pictures! And I still see Emma in Bethany, especially in the pic with you Laur... I just can't believe how old/big she is! And that it's been almost a year since I was there :( Crazy... Sounds like you guys are having lots of fun though! Love to all.

10:46 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home