In the Middle of Nowhere

making memories in the country

Friday, July 14, 2006

Girls, Girls, Girls

Colin was in quite the minority this week as I had my two of my nieces come for a visit and help/play with our girls. Heidi (11) and Hilary (9) were a lot of fun to have over and old enough to take the girls to the park and for walks around the block. It's kind of neat having them over because I remember going to my brother's house when I was young and helping them out with their older siblings, Greg (14) and Emily (12). We brought them home today and then went swimming in their nice inground pool because it's been so hot! Anna and Naomi both passed their swimming lessons and we could tell today at my brother's pool that they have both learned a lot. Anna now jumps off the diving board by herself, with no noodle or lifejacket, and swims to the ladder unassisted. Naomi will jump off the side of the pool or the diving board with just her noodle. She goes right under and then swims to the ladder by herself. The lessons were great preparation for our camping trips this summer. As we plan to leave soon to go to Grundy Lake for six days, tomorrow will be spent packing and gettting ready. I have a three page camping list that needs to be slowly checked off and then I will feel like we are somewhat prepared for what lies ahead. I'm hoping for a relaxing week at the beach with a few good books and nice weather; whether that happens or not remains to be seen, as camping is sometimes not a holiday (right Mom M?) I just love going camping though, and the kids enjoy it so much that the positives far outweigh the negatives, so here we go again!

2 Comments:

Blogger Chandra said...

Have fun! Just be careful not to publish exactly when you'll be gone and your house will be empty...unless, of course, you're getting a house sitter! ;o)

4:09 p.m.  
Blogger Nancy-Mom said...

Yep, camping wasn't always fun, especially when the kids were little and we had a week of rain. Tenting isn't much fun then. You rent a tent trailer don't you? that's much easier.
Nice going with swimming lessons Anna and Naomi ! good job ! Now you'll have even more fun camping. Have fun when you go.

9:27 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home