In the Middle of Nowhere

making memories in the country

Saturday, September 15, 2007

"It's Beginning to Feel a lot like...winter is coming!"

For those of you who are regular readers of my blog you will remember that I love winter. The past few days have been quite cool here, 13 degrees, which right away gets me thinking of cooler days. I do really enjoy the fall too, so I'm glad that it doesn't go from hot, humid days to snowy, cold ones. It's just that when it's cooler out I feel I have so much more energy. The nesting instinct has definitely been in effect around here too. I've been organizing like crazy, cleaning baby items and getting my cupboards in tip-top shape. It feels so good to have these things done! My time line always seems to be, "Before the baby comes I would like to have this or that done."
Today was an exciting day for Anna and Naomi as we got them started in ringette. They go once a week for an hour in St. Jacobs on Saturday afternoons. I love it that they go on Saturdays as it doesn't cut into another week night. This way Colin can take them when I need to stay home with the baby. They are both registered in the Bunnies program and will make up the team for our township. The first half of the season they focus on skating and skills development and by January they will be playing games against another local club. I have been taking them to Moms and tots skating ever since Anna was 2, so their skating skills are quite advanced. We especially noticed this when we compared them to all the other kids on the ice. They both really enjoyed it and hopefully it won't be long before they'll be shooting the ring in the net! In the video below, Anna is wearing a blue and yellow striped jersey and Naomi a black and white ducks jersey.

Anna skating around Naomi - who just laughs when she falls!

Naomi smiling proudly.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Those uniforms are sure cute!
But how can it be feeling like winter when just 2 weeks ago you were at the beach!? Crazy!!

10:29 p.m.  
Blogger Nancy-Mom said...

Winter !!!! as usual it's all yours as far as I'm concerned. Piles of snow, early dark, cold,cold,cold. You get my point !

Kids look cute in their hockey uniforms though. Guess their gonna take after mom....lovin winter.

3:39 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home