Quiet Days
It's been awhile since I've given an update because there hasn't been that much to update! We had a quiet week last week with lots of catching up on laundry, cleaning and baking. Besides the odd grocery trip the entire week was spent at home and it felt good to have nothing on the go. The girls had fun playing in the pool and enjoying a nice rain day as well. In the evenings I was busy with sewing the bedding for the baby's basinette. Jacqueline P. has been coming over and together we've come up with a way to make our own pattern for this bed. It's quite the job getting all the calculations right and it sure makes my math knowledge come in handy.
Last Saturday afternoon we had our church picnic, which for the last number of years has been held in town here. It's always nice to get together with the other members of the church on an informal basis. The games were quite original and the girls had fun decorating cookies and throwing water balloons. In the evening we went to a friend's house and enjoyed adult conversation around a campfire.
This week I'm off to my parent's place for a few days as we usually do that once a summer and haven't had opportunity to do so yet. While there I hope to get school shopping done for Anna and check out the local Value Village and Talize. Once the baby comes it will probably be awhile before I'll be out shopping again so I might as well get what I need now.
Also on the go is toilet training Bethany. We've been at it for a week and so far it has been going very well. I'm kind of holding my breath as it has seemed too easy and I'm afraid it's too good to be true. She's only two years and a month but Anna was trained at this time and Naomi a little later, so it is possible. It would be great to have it all done by the time the new baby arrives. Having only one in diapers is definitely a time and money saver!

1 Comments:
Have a nice time ay your parents place.
All the best with the training too, I'm sure she'll have it right pretty quick.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home