Time for an Update!
Well, it's that time again where I inform all my readers (btw who are you?) what has been going on in our lives lately. We've had lots of fun and sun lately seeing as Ontario went through a real heat wave. The weather is very pleasant now and is actually cool enough in the evenings for a sweater. Perfect summer weather!
Last week Saturday we went for a drive to a little beach on Lake Huron, called Point Clark. We knew it was going to be a hot day so it was a perfect way to keep cool. It really makes a big difference for us to go to Lake Huron to swim as opposed to an inland lake (pond?). The water is so much cleaner and the view a lot nicer. This beach was very quiet and out of the way so we didn't have to worry about overcrowding and losing kids. The girls made friends with two other girls and had a great time playing with them all day. It was so relaxing for me to sit and just listen to the waves roll in. Colin even took the girls for a walk so I could take a nap in the sand. The best part was that I dug a nice little hole in the sand under the blanket, for my belly, so I could sleep on my stomach. Boy, did that ever feel good!
Colin standing on a rock about 50 m from shore.
Bethany enjoying the sand.
The girls all admiring the lake and getting nice and warm on the sand.
On July 2nd, Anna and Naomi started swimming lessons for two weeks every morning. The pool we go to is right here in Elmira and it's indoor as well. Bethany had a bit of a hard time waiting the hour and fifteen minutes every morning for the lessons to be done but I tried to keep her occupied with snacks and toys. It's so hard to wait when the pool is right in front of you and it's sweltering hot inside the building! The girls really enjoyed their lessons and were very eager to go every morning. They are both getting to be very good swimmers which is so important with all the water activities we do in the summer. Anna passed her level and is now in Swim Kids 3 and Naomi passed her level and is in Sunfish.
Anna swimming in the deep end (3m) to the ladder after her jump off the diving board.
Anna getting ready to jump!
Naomi going off the diving board. She was so proud that she could do it and was always smiling from ear to ear after her jumps.
Naomi demonstrating her back float.

4 Comments:
You look at Colin in the first picure and the lake looks endless !
Good job on the swimming lessons girls. Keep it up !
I'm Colin's cousin Marie :-) I read your site via Aunt Nancy's hope that's okay!
i like to keep in touch
I read your blog too, now that we are home again. I like to keep up to date (nosy me, you know?)...
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home