In the Middle of Nowhere

making memories in the country

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

It Must Be Summer!




Well, not officially I guess, but it sure felt like a summer's day today. Since all of my commitments on Wednesdays are over for the season we had a whole day to enjoy the sunshine. The temperature was close to 30 degrees and there was definitely humidity in the air. This called for getting out the kiddie pool and cooling down. We have a bigger pool that we set up in the summer but that takes a little longer to fill. This pool sure kept the kids occupied though, because I was able to bake all morning. The day before I had received a big bag of freshly pulled rhubarb, so I needed to turn it into something. I tried a few different recipes with different successes. The muffins were great, the loaves not too bad, and the pie a flop. I usually make strawberry rhubarb pies when strawberries are in season but this pie was plain rhubarb. The rhubarb was cooked enough but it didn't seem to set at all so when I served it, it was more like soup! Oh well, it was worth a try.




The missing muffin was my taste test. The baker always gets the first one, right?

1 Comments:

Blogger Nancy-Mom said...

I can't belive it's that warm already, hope the whole summer doesn't have all to much humidity. Not fun for pg ladies.
That looks alright. Guess it was when you cut it that it would fall apart. Oh well, I;m sure it still tasted good.

11:29 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home