Fun Weekend!
We had quite a busy weekend but it was full of fun and varied activities. Our fun started out on Friday night when we had my brother and sister-in-law, Wayne and Karen, over for Gourmetten. We started the meal at 8 pm and weren't finished dessert until 11pm! What a fun way to eat and try so many different foods. For meat, I served pork, steak, chicken, bacon and shrimp; for vegetables, broccoli, different colour peppers, lots of onion, garlic, snow peas, bean sprouts, mushrooms and zucchini; and then for the sauces, alfredo, sweet n' sour, curry, szechwan, and tamari garlic sauce. To top it all off we made crepes, filled them with fresh strawberries and topped them with real whip creme. It's a good thing I don't feel nauseous anymore or I don't think I could have really enjoyed this meal. Instead, I've developed quite an appetite and love munching on any fruits and vegetables right now. The idea with gourmetten is to fry your own little meal (in a mini frypan) with different combinations of meat, vegetables and sauces. You end up with a unique stir-fry every time. If you've never tried gourmetten before, feel free to ask me how to get started!
On Saturday morning we all went driving around town checking out the many garage sales. The whole town was full of them so it doesn't take long to go from one to another. We didn't buy too much but we did find a nice baseball glove for Anna, a bell for Naomi's bike and 33 children's books for three dollars! They were all really nice too, like Franklin, Little Critter, Clifford and Usborne "Look and Find" Educational books. After that I cleaned Colin's office, as I do every Saturday, he offered to watch the kids at the office so I could go home and rest. What a treat that was! I very rarely have the opportunity to lay down during the day so I actually went to bed and slept for an hour. I felt much better upon awaking and had a nice relaxing evening with Colin.
Sunday was a busy day with installation of new office bearers in the morning, company for lunch and baptism and coffee social in the afternoon. What an opportunity to witness the goodness of our God! After "second church" (as Naomi calls it) we sat outside and watched the kids burn off some of their energy on our play center. We had an easy supper and then put the kids early to bed. With such an active weekend, I wasn't too far behind them!

1 Comments:
Just chatted with with Colin. sounds like it was a busy time alright. We need the quiet ones so dad can rest from his busyness !
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home