In the Middle of Nowhere

making memories in the country

Friday, April 20, 2007

Farmer Tans








What amazing weather we had today! The kids spent all day outside, which means only coming inside to go to the bathroom. I heard them in the backyard at 8:30 this morning while I was taking a shower and they didn't come in until Colin got home from work at 6 pm. Needless to say, they are dead tired. Of course I wasn't thinking about sunscreen yet so they all got burnt and have nice farmer tans. Naomi's is the worst as her arms are white and now the bottom half is red. I made them drink a lot so I hope they don't get sick tonight from too much sun. So what did they do all day outside? Played camping, princess, and sleeping beauty; went skipping, biking and running; and occasionally relaxed in their lawn chairs. It was quite nice for me that they were outside all day as it gave me a chance to do some Spring cleaning. In the afternoon I relaxed by putting my feet up and getting some sun myself. It sure feels good to have that warm sun on your body! Now the kids are fast asleep after Colin and I tag-teamed their baths and put them to bed. Tomorrow is supposed to be beautiful again so I'm sure we'll have another busy day. I think I'll try to hit some garage sales and get a head start to the morning.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nancy-Mom said...

Wow, no kidding ! it must have been pretty warm for them to be that burnt. We've had beautiful sunny weather all week as well but I don't think it was hot enough for burning.
Genevieve sure looks like she's gotten bigger since you got her.

9:55 p.m.  
Blogger Chandra said...

Yep, I forgot the sunscreen here too (who uses it in April??!!), and we got some burnt shoulders and noses as well!

9:39 a.m.  
Blogger Lisa said...

Ahhh...so glad for you that the weather is finally nice! Must have been great (and kind of strange!) for the girls to finally put on shorts instead of coats!!

4:27 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home