March Showers Bring ... Mud!!
We had our first thunderstorm of the year this morning and again this afternoon. At around 7 am I could hear the rumbling in the distance and knew that it wouldn't be long before I had two little girls in bed with me. Sure enough they ran in my bed and threw the covers over their heads. I always find thunderstorms a good opportunity to speak about God's power and majesty. We had a nice leisurely morning and by the time we were done breakfast the storm had passed. The day turned out to be beautiful with it getting near 20 degrees! The girls played outside all afternoon and had fun making mud and grass pies. Then after Bethany awoke from her nap we walked to our "old park"; that's the park across the road from our old house. It has lots of room to run and swings, which the park closest to us doesn't have.
It's always fun going to the park after a long winter. The girls have to try out all their moves on the monkey bars and see how high they can go on the swings. As we were at the park the sky began to get dark and so we thought we'd better pack up and head home. Sure enough, just as the girls got on their bikes to go we heard thunder and felt the first drops of rain. This made them want to go home all the sooner. I pretty much ran behind them the whole way home pushing Bethany in the bike trailer! As I was trying to keep up with them, Naomi kept reassuring us by yelling out, "God is watching over us, right Mom?" To which I would reply, "He sure is!" while panting away. And He does watch over us, because no sooner had we got in the door then the clouds burst open and thunder echoed through the sky. It was a real Ontario rain storm in that it was vicious for about ten minutes and then the sky began to clear. It hailed for a bit and even the hydro flickered a few times. We sure were thankful that we made it home before the big downpour started! Anyway, it was fun and even though it created a bit more laundry, we are excited that Spring is here!

2 Comments:
I just can't get over how big Bethany is... Sigh - it's been way too long!
And I can't get over those long legs of Anna's. Like I've said before, stop growing up so fast girls ! Glad you all had a nice time and got home beflre the downpour !
We've now had two days of sunshine 15 degrees today and it's supposed tpo stay for a few days. Would be nice while Sharon's here. Looks like opa may be going with dad and oma will also be staying here. That's a big maybe of course, :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home