In the Middle of Nowhere

making memories in the country

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Grandpa and Grandma's House

What an exciting March Break this has been so far! On Monday the girls and I drove to London to visit Grandpa and Grandma B. for a few days. That afternoon we went skating at an arena close by and because the girls are still under five we could skate during "parent and tot" time. This way we could avoid the chaos that comes with having public skate during March Break. There were only about ten of us ever on the ice so we essentially had the place to ourselves. My biggest mistake was that I forgot my camera so I have no pictures to document our fun!
On Tuesday my Mom and I (and Bethany) went shopping for the morning. My dad stayed home and watched Anna and Naomi. He took them for a walk to an apartment building where he does some maintenance work. There they took the elevator to the sixteenth floor and had a great view of the neighbour hood and even the 401. Shopping with my Mom is so nice as we hardly ever go out together and I don't often get to go out without taking all the kids. I had went through all the kids' clothes before I left so I had an extensive list of what the kids needed for the next two seasons. Our first stop was Value Village as it's the cheapest and you never know what kind of treasures you can find there. We then went to Once Upon a Child, The Children's Place, and Walmart. I did really well and shouldn't have to go shopping for the kids till "Back to School" shopping! Grandpa and Grandma then treated us all to Burger King for lunch.
In the afternoon the girls made their own miniature birdhouses. They first sanded the wood, then painted all the pieces and finally glued it together. The weather was amazingly warm so we could do the craft on the picnic table outside. Genevieve loved playing in the backyard and exploring all new territory as it was the first time she could spend a lot of time outside without getting buried in snow.
On Wednesday we decided to visit the greenhouse where both Grandpa and Grandma work part time. The weather was dreary so why not go to a place that is warm and cheery! We admired all the easter lilies and hydrangeas and bought a nice pot of daffodils to brighten our kitchen. We then drove down to Port Stanley to see how Lake Erie was thawing. We were quite disappointed though because the whole town was covered in fog. We couldn't see too much but the kids had fun climbing on the big ice masses that had formed just like waves. It is quite amazing that such a large body of water freezes like that. The girls got some energy out by running around on the sand and collecting driftwood and stones. When we got home the girls rested by watching some videos, which is a treat because at Grandpa and Grandma's its on a TV. We left on Wednesday evening after supper and arrived home just in time to put the kids to bed. There they fell fast asleep after three busy days!

And because I just spoke to Grandma M. on the phone, here is a special picture just for her. She knows what's on her face, does anyone else?

2 Comments:

Blogger Chandra said...

The zoo creature noodles??

2:06 p.m.  
Blogger Nancy-Mom said...

smart lady chandra, that's what they were having. boy. laura, bethany is looking so big.
is she enjoying meals better now ?

2:58 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home