In the Middle of Nowhere

making memories in the country

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Nostalgia Time

I recently made homemade popsicles that brought back a flood of memories. Growing up my mom didn't buy popsicles but made her own in the popsicle moulds. To me they far surpass store bought ones because of their great flavour. I had a mould stacked away some place and so thought I'd give it a try. They were a great hit with the kids and since it was actually sunny this morning we had a good excuse for a cold treat. I think I'll try to get a hold of another mould (Tupperware doesn't sell them anymore, I don't think) so we'll have a steady supply of popsicles this summer. Here's the recipe if anyone is interested :

Popsicles

1 small package Jello
1 package Kool-Aid
1 cup sugar
2 cups boiling water
2 cups cold water

Mix all ingredients together. Pour into popsicle containers and freeze. Have fun experimenting with different flavours of Jello and Kool-Aid!

Here's a couple of pictures of the girls enjoying their popsicles this morning. We're very eager for summer around here and we'll take advantage of any sunny day we get.





P.S. This is the second time I'm posting this as the first time I somehow lost my entry. I now know how frustrated Mom M. must get when things mysteriously disappear. And why does Blogger think I've spelled popsicle wrong?!?! Is there an American spelling that I'm not aware of?


2 Comments:

Blogger Nancy-Mom said...

They look so cute but Anna does look like she wishes she had a coat on ! That recipe looks good, we used to just freeze koolaid on the stick. This probably doesn't melt nearly as fast.
Your last blog was also hilarious. That poor Genevieve must have to put up with a lot from Bethany but she doesn't seem to mind at all. Cute!

8:59 p.m.  
Blogger Lisa said...

Sounds yummy! I've always just made popsicles with Kool-aid on its own. What does the jello do?

12:44 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home