Curtains, Beach Fun and "Blabber" Problems
Well, the curtains are done and they do just the trick in blocking out lots of light in the girls' rooms. I'm very happy with the result and feel confident enough now to tackle other household sewing. A big thank you goes out to my friend Jacqueline who is a great sewer and was willing to come down to help with measurements and such. Both curtains have wood buttons on them but the denim ones were painted the same colour as one of the blocks on the wall I recently painted. It looks very sharp and pulls everything together. My next project is to make bedding for a newly purchased basinette. I think I'll wait a while though so as to be excited when I begin again.
Red curtains in Anna and Naomi's room.
Bethany's denim curtains, the same room where I painted the block motif.
Today I spent the day at Shade's Mill Conservation Area in Cambridge with my friend Jaunita V. and her children. It was a perfect day as the temperature got close to 30 degrees again. We had a cold spell over the weekend so we weren't sure if it would be warm enough to go out but things can sure change in a day. Anna was in school so Naomi could have her little friend Matthew all to herself and Bethany occupied herself by lying in the water. Two month old Ella slept great in her pack n' play which left Juanita and I lots of time to catch up in each other's lives. We both wished we lived closer to each other but for now we just have to make a point of meeting centrally to socialize. We now made a promise that we have to do this again as we all enjoyed it so much.
Now as for the blabber problem. On Friday Anna complained that it hurt to go pee and I right away knew that something was up. We headed off to the walk-in clinic (my own doctor was gone) and sure enough it was diagnosed as a bladder infection. We then got the necessary medication to solve the problem. Within 24 hours she was feeling much better but I was still getting her to drink lots of water to flush her system. This of course makes her go more often but I would rather have that than have another re-occurrence. This leads me up to her comment today. She told her teacher at school that she had a "blabber" infection and that she may need to go to the bathroom more often. I could hardly keep myself from laughing as many a time I tell her that she has a blabber problem because she talks too much. So, I guess she got a double whammy this time; a bladder and blabber infection. That ought to teach her:)

1 Comments:
Oh, that is so cute ! I don't think I could have not chuckled about that one :o)
The curtains look lovely,very professional looking. Good job.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home