Mixed Emotions
So it's back to school today and I feel lost. I know I'll get used to it but not having Anna around everyday is a big change. She's a good big helper and plays well with her sisters. It will be good for Naomi now as she can take over some responsibility and learn to play with Bethany. Colin and I went to the opening assembly at the school this morning. It was nice to see it well attended by parents and grandparents who were thankful that another school year could start with God's blessing. We should never take for granted what a blessing it is to have a school where our children are taught about God's Word and His wonderful creation! Anna is in a split grade one class year so she only has fourteen other students in her class. That is a great class size and hopefully she will learn a lot this year.
Yesterday was the Labour Day holiday and the weather was perfect for spending it at the beach. We drove to Pinery Provincial Park, which is on Lake Huron, about ten minutes south of Grand Bend. The beach was gorgeous there and the water very refreshing. There was a bit of a breeze so the girls had lots of fun playing in the waves. We were joined at lunchtime by friends of ours from church, so Colin had someone to play football and frisbee with. We all got a little sun burnt but it was so nice to have one last outing before school started.
Colin at a sand bar with the girls.
The beach stretches for kilometers and has beautiful, deep sand.
Anna playing in the sand.
Naomi ready to jump back in the waves. I think sometimes that Anna and Naomi are part fish as they just love water where ever we go!
Bethany trying her hand at a sand castle.
Digging and digging!
Helping Dad clean out the dump truck.

2 Comments:
Love these pictures so much :) Art and I miss you guys!!
hey colin, my kids were wondering what that "thing" was in the water (it was you) ha ha!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home