Garden Notes
First off the berries we picked today.
They were beautiful and tasted very sweet. We managed to pick 24 quarts (way too many!) in an hour, with three great helpers. Anna managed to pick 6 quarts on her own which made a real difference this year. I ended up making three batches of jam and putting the rest in the freezer. This will come in handy for our Sunday night smoothie tradition :)
Looking guilty?!? It's written all over her face!
Anna hard at work; she barely ate any as she was so concentrated on filling her baskets.
Now on to the garden. With our weather lately, it has just exploded! I don't know what to do with all the lettuce so I've been giving it away. Unfortunately, the weeds have also gotten out of control and it takes much longer to get it looking good again.
Looking forward to a plentiful harvest late summer/fall.

1 Comments:
The garden looks good Laura and all the lettuce coming at the same time was always a nuisance I thought. You begin to think you're a rabbit after a while!
CaN'T BLAME bETH WITH THE RED FACE i'D BE DOING THAT TOO, THEY look soooo good.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home