In the Middle of Nowhere

making memories in the country

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Just to prove Pete wrong (for now :)...

Here's a couple of photos of my garden thus far. The rabbits have stayed away from my lettuce but something is still at my kale and cauliflower. Everything seems to be coming along quite nicely except my beans. They seem to be coming up very sparsely and I wonder if they got too wet and rotted. Also, there is a bug attacking them - little holes eaten through the leaves. Does anyone know what this is and what I can do for it? This weather has been great for the garden and I think the first thing I will be able to pick from it will be the spinach. Yummm, I can't wait for a fresh spinach salad!


2 Comments:

Blogger Chandra said...

snails or slugs? try the critter powder.

love your title! :o)

8:13 p.m.  
Blogger Nancy-Mom said...

looks good Laura. With lots of TLC it will grow. Dad also says to put pwder on. Could be snails, could be....lice??? so...powder it.

9:51 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home