In the Middle of Nowhere

making memories in the country

Friday, May 16, 2008

On a less serious note :)

Anna and I went shopping at the mall last night to spend some birthday money that she had gotten from both her Grandma and Grandpa's. We had a great time trying on clothes, eating in the food court, and gawking at all the different people. Don't you just love sitting on a mall bench and watching all the different people that go to the mall? It's like submersing your child in a different culture without having to fly anywhere! One of the stores we went to was Old Navy. There Anna tried on a swimsuit and I tried on some polo shirts. As I was modeling one of the shirts, I said to Anna, "This one looks a little big, eh?" To which she replied very sincerely, "That's okay Mom, you can grow into it!" I couldn't help but laugh and I could tell she felt embarrassed for saying it. I put my hand on her shoulder and said, "It's okay Sweetheart, but I really don't think that Mommy wants to grow into her clothes anymore."
Kids say the cutest things, and it's quite obvious where she's heard the "grow into" line before! I think that on future trips her critical eye could come in handy as it's good for me to have an honest opinion of what looks good and what doesn't.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nancy-Mom said...

Good job Anna, we moms need lots of help when buying clothes.

7:06 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home