In the Middle of Nowhere

making memories in the country

Monday, April 21, 2008

Too Busy to Blog

It's that time of year again when the call of the outdoors is stronger than the call of the computer. That and there just seems like there's so much to do. I have to prioritize or it all will seem overwhelming very quickly. The kids as priority number one and then everything else will happen as it needs to. Everything else is: Spring cleaning, organizing, gardening, baking, cooking...normal household duties. I actually enjoy Spring cleaning because it feels like it is a renewal of life in our house. Windows are brighter, dishes shinier, closets tidier, gardens neater, sheets fresher, van cleaner and the list could go on. The kids have been playing outside non-stop and have already been sun burnt a few times. I just love it when they play outside because they get so creative with sticks, pieces of wood, bricks, sand and stones. This builds their imagination and keeps them from getting bored. Of course the bikes are a new novelty in the Spring, as well as, going to the park. So, it seems like there is never a dull moment around here as we try to take time to enjoy every day!

Silas' first time on the swing.

Bethany enjoying an under-doggy.

Anna contemplating the monkey bars.

Naomi's wind chapped and sun burnt hands.

Three ragamuffins ready for the bathtub.

Silas ready to join Colin at the golf course.

The bib says it all!

4 Comments:

Blogger Chandra said...

What a cute bib!

9:50 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an adorable child!

4:17 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Laura!
Can you tell me why it's called an under dog? I've always wondered...I usually want to call it an under duck cause I just can't figure the term out!!
Shona

11:38 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always wondered about 'underdog' versus 'underduck' as well. It appears that it is a regional thing (in Ontario it is 'underdog'). Check out http://questionable.typepad.com/questionable/2006/04/underduck_vs_un.html

7:18 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home