In the Middle of Nowhere

making memories in the country

Monday, April 07, 2008

Spring is Here!

It really is; I can hardly believe it. We still have some snow piles around but when the bikes are taken down and the sidewalks are clean, I believe that Spring has arrived. This past weekend was beautiful and had all sorts of people from the neighbourhood emerging from the woodwork. It makes you wonder where all these people were in the winter months. Today Naomi and Bethany played outside almost all day and practiced their biking skills. Naomi learned how to ride a two wheeler late last fall so it was neat to watch her regain her skills. The saying "it's just like riding a bike" is so true as before I knew it, she was cruising around again. Bethany now has Naomi's old bike and soon picked up on how to pedal it. She was very proud of herself and has the same persistence as Naomi in trying to get it right.

Anna ready for the sun; shades and all! Great after school fun!

"Can you see where you're going Bethany?" (Time to adjust the bike helmet :)

Naomi getting ready for push-off!

Silas is now over five months old, so I thought it was time for him to try some solid food. I always start with the Milupa rice cereal as I find their cereals have the best flavour and nicest consistency. He didn't eat too much of it but it's a start for getting him used to the idea of something other than breast milk. I can't wait till I can make him real food, like sweet potatoes, beans and carrots. That's so much more fun than boring, plain old rice cereal. Better start with the plain, though, and then graduate to the fancy!

Hmm, do I like it or not?

Starting to get messy!

1 Comments:

Blogger TBH said...

What beautiful eyes Silas has!

8:01 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home