In the Middle of Nowhere

making memories in the country

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

March Break is Canceled!

Ha! Ha! Made you look! Today was Anna's ninth snow day so I was telling her they might cancel March Break to make up lost time. Not likely as a lot of people make plans for the one week break. We got quite the dumping on last night and this morning, and the roads were pretty nasty for awhile. I was in quite a bad mood the whole day as I was supposed to go to Toronto today. Silas had an appointment at the Sick Kid's Hospital to get his birthmarks checked out. I've waited three months for this appointment but didn't want to take the risk of driving in bad weather. As it turns out, the roads were fine by lunchtime and so I could have gone after all. Hindsight is always 20/20. I now have a new appointment for April 2nd so that's at least not too far away.
So instead of being cooped up inside all day, we went to visit my sister-in-law in Guelph so the cousins could go tobogganing together. On the way we stopped at Walmart to check out their rubber boots. I know Spring is coming (it has to sometime :) and with all this snow we could be having quite the floods in the yard. Once that wet weather hits the rubber boots sell like crazy so I thought I would be ahead of the game and stock up. I'm barely ever in Walmart (once a year) and was pleasantly surprised at the great selection they had. Here's what we came home with:

The girls were very excited about their new boots and before bed put them beside their pillows.

Anna's camouflage boots.

Bethany's cowboy style boots.

Naomi's psychedelic boots.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nancy-Mom said...

Nicw boots girls, I'll bet you can't wait to go splashing in puddles with those !

1:35 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home