In the Middle of Nowhere

making memories in the country

Monday, March 03, 2008

In the Mail

Today when I got my mail I was excited to see that the CD I had ordered last week, arrived. The title of this CD is called "Psalms" and is a collection of Genevan tunes sung in Japanese. (I found this recording through someone else who has a blog specializing in organ music.) I must say that after listening to it, I am thoroughly impressed! It makes the world seem so much smaller when you hear brothers and sisters in Christ, from across the ocean, singing songs that are so familiar to most of us. The track features eighteen Psalms played with organ, lute, chitarrone (large lute), and harpsichord. The kids thought it was really neat to hear the psalms being sung in a language so foreign to us. The conductor is a member of the Reformed Church in Japan and has an extensive background in organ music. On the English version of the insert to the CD he is quoted as saying, "...we hope that you can catch a glimpse of the riches of the Genevan Psalter." Good food for thought!
If you want more info on this recording, you can view and order it here.

The girls are all very excited to start getting Silas to play with boy toys. So after rooting through our toy box they came up with a few items. It's not just good enough for him have them by his side, he needed to try it all on.


Below is a photo of Silas's biggest fan, Naomi. She loves him like crazy and is always speaking baby talk to him. He rewards her with big smiles and cooing. I hope this continues as it's so nice for family members to get along :)


And, another photo of our big guy drooling and sucking away on his fingers; must be getting teeth soon. Ouch for me!

3 Comments:

Blogger Nancy-Mom said...

He doesn't look like he's lacking food !

9:02 p.m.  
Blogger Nancy-Mom said...

And... he's looking serious in the first picture. Hmmmm, what will I be when I grow up ??

9:04 p.m.  
Blogger Chandra said...

Hey, how are the cloth diapers working out?

9:14 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home