Tea and a Blog
So I'm sitting here with a tea knowing that it's time to update you on the goings on in our life, but feeling very unmotivated to do so. Life has been going at breakneck speeds here and it just doesn't seem to be letting up anytime soon. There always seems to be something going on; four out of the seven nights of the week either Colin or I have somewhere to go.
We have survived our first sickness of the season as we all got colds this past weekend. They weren't too bad and no one got real sick. Thankfully this is the worst we've had so far. Anna stayed home from school for a day because she had quite the watery eyes and nose. Lucky for her, the next day turned out to be a snow day so she's had a short week.
This morning my friend Janice came over to do some quilting. I started a quilt a little over a year ago but got sidetracked when I decided to make curtains and baby stuff. Now I'm back at it and would like to see it hanging on the wall before Spring. That may be a little ambitious but it's probably good to set a goal. Janice and I plan to get together every other week to work on it so we can motivate each other.
This is two panels sewn together and gives you an idea of the colour scheme and pattern.
A closer view. The finished quilt will have seven big blocks down and five across.
Here's a few photos of the kids :
Silas trying out the Bumbo that I'm borrowing from a friend.
Of course Bethany has to act like a clown - she loves to say "Cheese" for the camera.
Our very cute and funny Bethany.
Anna's getting so big! and no that's not a black eye, she just rubbed black marker there by accident.
Naomi was ticked about something so she was starting to head down the stairs when I snapped this picture. She quickly turned to smiles when I showed it to her though, as she thought it was quite funny having only half a picture of her.
There's a story behind that Book of Praise lying there too. We all got new Book of Praise and Bible covers from a lady at church who makes them. Anna has her own BofP and so on Sunday we handed her a new cover to go with it. She was tickled pink but Naomi walked away with tears in her eyes. It broke my heart, so I quickly grabbed our BofP in the house, put a cover on it and gave it to her to keep. Her eyes just lit up and she couldn't believe that she could have her own BofP. The next couple of days that book went everywhere with Naomi. Although our girls do tend to sing a lot, those next few days were filled with "psalms, hymns and spiritual songs." Ephesians 5:19 It's so nice to see that something so simple can make someone so happy. I'll end with the continuation of the above verse. "Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."

1 Comments:
Yikes, that quilt looks like an awful lot of work with all those little pieces. It will be beautiful when done though.
Silas is getting so big already and the girls look like they like to protect their little brother. HMM, wonder hoa that will go when he's a teenager !
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home