In the Middle of Nowhere

making memories in the country

Monday, December 31, 2007

Olibollen Time!

So it's the end of the year and that time again for olibollen. It seems each year my batch gets bigger as the kids are starting to enjoy them more. I remember my mom spending a whole day making olibollen and us kids would be sick of them by the end from eating too many. What a good memory though, and one that I think about today as I make my own. For those of you not familiar with this Dutch treat, it is basically a deep fried donut with raisins and currants. There are many variations on it with some having other kinds of fruit in them. Here are a few photos of the kids enjoying them warm and fresh, right out of the fryer!

Diggin' in the icing sugar.

I think Bethany liked the icing sugar the best.

The fine specimens!

My set up in the garage so I don't get all the oil smell in the house.

I hope you all have a Blessed New Year!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Dad made oiebollen too. First time for him ! he even let me have one! sure wish I could have more tho, I love them even without the sugar.

6:29 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home