In the Middle of Nowhere

making memories in the country

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Laundry Day

I think I should start speaking Pennsylvania Dutch, wearing a cape dress and tying up my horse and buggy. I hung out my cloth diapers today even though it was about -10 degrees. Whenever I drive by the Mennonite farms and see the long lines of laundry hanging out even in the winter, I wonder how the stuff dries. Today I found out that the items will just freeze dry and then you can fluff them up in the dryer. Also, the sun did a great job of bleaching the diapers white again. The switchover to cloth diapers has been relatively smooth with only a bit of tweaking in folding them just right so as not to get any leaks. The brand I like the most is Motherease (which need no folding) but they also the most expensive so I'll see how it goes in the next few months as to whether I need to buy more or not.

Taking the laundry in at sunset.

P.S. You know you're a stay-at-home Mom when you start blogging excitedly about your laundry. To all my faithful blog readers, don't be turned off by my rants about the mundane.

On to other, more interesting things; here are a few shots of Silas and the girls. For the family members, please be surprised if you see these photos reappear accompanying a card shortly:) I figured if Sarah M. could do it then I could too!
I made my own photo studio and quickly (literally 10 minutes) took some pictures of the kids. They thought it was very fun to sit on the dog's kennel as our photo prop!






2 Comments:

Blogger Nancy-Mom said...

eeks ! a mundane laundry blog !! Good thing we didn't have blogs 'back in the day' cause we'd have had loads of them then.
Love the pictures to.

9:22 p.m.  
Blogger Lisa said...

Good job on the photos, Laura! Maybe a new sideline to your stay-at-home Mom job??

7:19 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home