100th Post!
Well, finally I've had a chance to sit down and write my 100th post. It doesn't feel like it's that big of a milestone but to think that I've sat down a hundred times to write our family's story is kind of special.
Things have returned to a bit of a routine around here. I've got Silas on a bit of a schedule and he's been waking up once a night at around 2am. I can handle that as I feed him last between 9 and 10pm and then I can go to bed. He wakes up at around 6:30 in the morning after which it's time for me to get up anyway. We'll see how long this pattern continues:) This week I've also had to start cooking again. We have been so blessed here in Elora by the communion of saints. I received at least eleven meals and usually they are big portions so with our family we can eat twice from it. Colin did some cooking when Silas was first born so I've been quite spoiled. Making a meal to most people doesn't seem like a big deal but when you're on the receiving end it is such a nice gift. It's just one simple way that people in the church can help each other out and show our love for one another. I wonder what people do who are not supported by a church community.
Silas had to go to the pediatrician on Tuesday at the hospital to get a birthmark checked out. Unfortunately, she didn't know what it was and so she was going to refer him on to a dermatologist. It's mostly on his chest and bum, with a few markings on the side of his face and foot. You don't see it when you first look at him but upon close inspection you notice a few spots that look like they didn't get pigmentation. I'm not overly concerned about it but it would be nice to know what it is. Like the pediatrician said, we want to make sure it's not a precursor for another condition.
The above photos were taken on Sunday evening after supper. The girls just love sitting around the table and discussing the day's events. It's nice family time and everyone can participate without rushing to some other activity.
The weather has turned very wintry here and we are now starting to enjoy the snow. Well, some of us more than others. One thing I do not like about this weather is having to drive in it. This week it is my turn to drive the kids to the bus and back and it has been quite treacherous at times. More than once I think how crazy it is that sometimes I have six kids in my van when there are white out conditions and icy roads. What would I do if I went into the ditch? Thankfully the route I take is populous and I always carry a cell phone. Of course making sure I don't drive too fast is the best preventative measure. The kids sure enjoy the snow though. Below are a few pictures of their snowman creation that they made one evening with Colin while I was making supper.

1 Comments:
Wow, you have been spoiled not having to cook for such a long time !
Nice snowman girls, looks like you used up most of the snow for that one !
Silas looks like he's really growing up already !
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home