In the Middle of Nowhere

making memories in the country

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Retraction!

I have to take back the title for my last post as the last few days it's been feeling like a hot, humid summer. I even slept downstairs last night as my body just would not cool down. Being stubborn Dutch folk, we didn't turn on the air conditioner as we knew this heat wave would not last. Sure enough today the humidity has broken and we are having a much cooler, drizzly day.

It's been awhile since you've had an update of the Bristow Creek Clan but things around here haven't changed much. We are now well into a routine for school and Anna seems to enjoy it very much. She goes to school happy (except getting out of bed) and comes home happy. She's also getting into the routine of reading books and taking home extra ones from the teacher. We've got to keep her school work challenging, otherwise she will get bored and probably get into trouble!

Anna has lost her first top tooth!

Naomi has started music school and loves every minute of it. She's so proud that she can finally be in the class that Anna was in for two years. I think it's great for her confidence to have an hour a week of 'school'.

Naomi reading Genevieve a story.

Bethany dressed up as Franklin the Turtle.

I'm sort of glad things are as busy as they are because it keeps me from thinking about the baby's arrival. I always find the last month to really drag on so being occupied helps. Things have been going very well with the pregnancy so in the Lord's time we're expecting our little 'girl'. Yup, Colin and I are expecting to have another girl so we don't get our hopes up for a boy. Besides, a boy would really mess things up :) The girls got it right when they said, "A boy would be cute as a baby but when he grows up he'll just be a pest!" I can attest to this as I have four older brothers and 'pest' definitely defines all of them.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nancy-Mom said...

Is the new tooth coming in yet Anna? I'll bet you're always putting your tongue in that hole !
Naomi, Genevieve looks like she's really enjoying that story you're reading to her. Does Bethany sit and listen too?
Expecting another girl huh ? I agree. your house is geared to girls, who wants to put a pesky boy in the mix !! Sorry, Colin !! Okay.......you'd get used to a boy soon enough I suppose! Either one, they're all precious.

12:03 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home