In the Middle of Nowhere

making memories in the country

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Reason for another post


Three posts in one week? I guess it's because I have new subject material that's willing and cute! Here are some pictures of Silas wearing a poor boy's cap; it accompanied a nice gift I got from a friend. The outfit doesn't quite fit yet but I couldn't wait to try this cute hat on him.






In other news, we went to our annual school bazaar today and what a zoo it was there. The girls just love to go as we give them a few dollars to spend and it all goes towards candy. It's kind of a neat event as it's your real traditional bazaar; lots of dutch treats and other places to spend your money. There were no oliebollen this year but the croquettes made up for it. The lunch menu always features dutch dishes such as nasi, borenkool, and pea soup. Neither Colin or I are into any of these things so we opted for the kids menu - hotdogs and pizza. It's not that we don't like the dutch food it's just that to us it's regular fare and not something special that we want to eat for lunch. Anyway, it was a nice day to get out and support our school.
Oh, and the other reason for another post - I'm almost at one hundred posts! I never thought I'd stick with it for this long :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Nancy-Mom said...

What a cutie ! and he doesn't look like he's suffering too much as evidenced by the double chin !! Love the hat and hope tp see it again when it fits better !

6:25 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Laura,

Looks like Silas is doing well! I enjoyed reading your recent blogs and seeing the pictures. Remember to continue to take things at an easier pace.
Love, Diane

7:35 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home