In the Middle of Nowhere

making memories in the country

Friday, February 01, 2008

Snow Day & Beach Day

What a contradiction! So what do you do when it's a snow day...again?!? Here's what it looked like outside :

This is what we were doing inside:


I figured we should have a beach party and picnic in our living room to get us thinking warm thoughts. I cranked up the gas fireplace to make it nice and warm and got out the beach umbrella to protect us from the harmful UV light bulbs :) We couldn't forget the sand toys so we invented sand by dumping rice all over the blanket. The girls had a blast and couldn't believe that Mom was actually letting them do this. You see, this kind of thing is totally out of my comfort zone. I'm not for messy activities that promote lots of clean up but ... I'm learning to break out of this thinking for the sake of fun and sanity. So here's hoping that we'll be able to have real picnics in a few months. Until then, it's back outside to shovel another 5 cm of snow that fell in the last hour.

Enjoying the picnic lunch.

The makeshift canoe in the middle of the lake.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura, this is adorable!! And I'm so proud of you for stepping out of your comfort zone :) Great pictures and memories!

3:55 p.m.  
Blogger Nancy-Mom said...

I think that that would be out of many mothers comfort zone ! It sure does look like a lot of fun though.

4:14 p.m.  
Blogger Chandra said...

Very very cool idea, Laura!!! Would you be offended if I borrow your idea sometime? :o)

11:43 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home