Naomi's 5th Birthday
We had a very happy and excited birthday girl yesterday. She had two friends over from church for the day and we spent the morning playing at Kidzone. It is a giant indoor playground with slides, tunnels and ball pits.
The girls had a ton of fun running around and because we went in the morning it wasn't busy at all. We left at lunchtime to go home for hot dogs and cake. I found Naomi was much more mature this year about her birthday celebrations and didn't cower when we sang to her.
I think it also helped that there weren't other parents watching her; only her friends and me. When Colin came home for supper, she opened her presents from us. I have never seen someone so pleased. She had been asking repeatedly for a ballet outfit but I always said, "we'll see". I wasn't too keen on it at first, thinking that it would just get tossed in the dress-up box and be ripped in a few weeks. However, I was at the MCC thrift store one day and found a real ballet outfit (excellent quality) and slippers for $3.00. What a steal! She got a number of other gifts to make up for the good deal (although she has no clue what things cost).
The proud birthday girl.
Genevieve helping unwrap the presents.
The fun didn't stop for Naomi as today she got to go out for lunch with Colin to McDonalds. This was a present from Grandpa and Grandma far away as that is a tradition they have with their grandchildren that live close by. All in all a very fun birthday! Now I have to start thinking about Anna's party which is in a month and a half :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home