In the Middle of Nowhere

making memories in the country

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Fun on the Farm

That's what our kids call Uncle Pete and Aunt Chandra's house. Yesterday the kids and I spent the day at their place and had a very nice visit and photography session. The weather was beautiful so the kids could do lots of exploring outside and also try out the trampoline. Our kids aren't used to so much freedom as our town lot is quite limiting. I'm always so scared to let them out of my sight for fear of loony people or over protective neighbours. There are things that are nice about our location, though, as the sidewalks and proximity to town make it nice for walks and bike rides. Having grown up on a farm myself, I think it's essential for every child to experience what farm life is all about. Thanks to family members we can enjoy all the perks without all the work!

Enjoying ice cream outside for an afternoon snack.

Leia the pig; there's just something about pigs that's kind of cute :)

Vanessa and baby Icing.

Justin and one of the chickens. Okay, I'll admit I'm kind of scared of any winged animal but Justin sure knew what to do with those birds. He calmed this one right down by first holding it upside down; you learn something new everyday!

Fun on the trampoline.


And here...saving the best pictures for last, are the ones that Chandra took during our photo session.

Okay, I know I'm really biased but isn't that just sooo cute?!

Today we're staying cozy inside as the next Winter (Spring?) storm is supposed to hit. We are expecting another 5-10cm of snow and then changing to rain. What a mess that will be!

4 Comments:

Blogger Nancy-Mom said...

As I just said on Chandra's site, yes, they are soooo cute. Specially Silas looks like a little guy ready to go outdoors.
Also looks like the kids had a fun but coooold time at aunt Chandra's farm.

4:05 p.m.  
Blogger Chandra said...

Wow, looks like they had fun! I was too busy inside to notice, I guess... :o)

6:08 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very cute...how did you get Silas to stay put, can he sit on his own already?
Shona

7:09 p.m.  
Blogger Laura and Colin said...

Hi Shona,
No, Silas can't sit on his own but he's quite sturdy. I had just propped him up against the back of the chair and was sitting in front in case he should move suddenly and fall. He was just content to sit and was constantly trying to get his fingers in his mouth. Do you still have plans for summer vacation out this way?

7:58 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home