In the Middle of Nowhere

making memories in the country

Friday, April 25, 2008

My new dishwasher!

So our dishwasher miraculously went on the 'fritz' tonight and I had a very eager replacement. Of course she had to be the washer, as drying is not near as much fun. I think we might just have to have a permanent breakdown of the dishwasher and implement some more regular chores. The girls have everyday tasks like making their beds, putting clothes and toys away, cleaning (when asked), clearing the table and so on. I now think they're getting to the age where they can be responsible for more difficult jobs. They both enjoy getting more responsibility especially when we're there to guide them. I think that right now that's the key; if we leave them to their own devices the chore will get done in a rush or not done at all. In aiding them I hope we'll be setting a trend for the future. So here's to many more happy days of family chores :) (Please note the hint of sarcasm in that last statement. I remember my own childhood and the fights over whose turn it was to do what.)

"Scrub a dub dub..."

Isn't it great to see my hubby helping out in the kitchen? I just have to make sure I stay out of his way or he'll snap me with the dish towel. He's really good at those and they hurt :(

2 Comments:

Blogger Chandra said...

So is Pete...they really hurt!!

12:02 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yah I know...I remember those days!

2:28 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home