We're back!
The day has come and we are now connected to the outside world again! We've been waiting to see if we were close enough to the communications tower to get a good signal. Finally this week we had the company down and they informed us that we could be up and running by the end of the week! Our blog now has a new look and name as the old one is no longer applicable. There is a lot to catch up on but I think we'll just start off fresh and not try to post all that has gone on in the last few weeks. Needless to say, I've been so busy that blogging wasn't something that entered my mind. Things are falling into a routine, though, and we never suffer from boredom. The leaves have almost all fallen and we've mulched them all up with the riding lawnmower; so much easier than raking! There is a lot of yard work but since Colin and I are both outdoors people we're enjoying it so far. The kids are also spending many hours outside and have made numerous forts/houses in the bush. It's so wonderful to see their imagination blossom with their outdoor play. Corn husk dolls, brooms from big leaves, sticks for various toys, compost for pretend food...oh, to be young again:)
The big news that I can't pass by is that our big boy is one! Last Saturday was his birthday and he was spoiled with lots of presents from his big sisters. It was so cute to see them packing gift bags with homemade toys and things from out of his toy box. He's not walking yet but is crawling and pulling himself up on everything. My trusty wooden playpen has come in real handy although he's not too keen on it. I didn't have it up in our old house due to space restrictions so I've had to train him from scratch in it. A snack will usually keep him content in there a little longer:)
Below are various pictures to complete this update.
Please, someone, get me out of here!
Part of our house from the backyard.
Our play center looking natural close to the bush.
Our family at the Octoberfest parade on Thanksgiving Day in Waterloo. This was an amazing parade; lots of marching bands and fancy floats. It was definitely worth the early morning rise (6am) to get a good seat for the start at 8:30am.
Our driveway lost in the leaves.
Our front lawn littered with leaves, lots of fun for the kids!
Silas not interested in the birthday song, only the birthday candle:)
Our handsome little one year old.

8 Comments:
At last! Now I won't be looking in vain! Beautiful pictures. I can sure see Bethany in Silas!
Wow, he already looks way older than when we were there just a couple of weeks ago! And he wasn't even crawling then yet, either...what have you been feeding him lately?? :o)
Happy birthday Silas!
He's a good looking little boy.
Happy birthday to him!
Are you hooked up with xplornet?
We are hooked up with a wireless internet company, not xplornet (which is by satellite).
Glad your back! We thought of Silas on his birthday-Congrats.
Shona
oops...I mean you are back
tsk, tsk Shona
hoooray for a new post!! Everything looks absolutely amazing. Happy Birthday little Silas! I can't believe he's one already... My memory could be failing me, but I think that's possibly the longest I've gone without meeting a nephew/niece?
Can't wait to see you all :)
Glad you're blog is up and running again! I love hearing and seeing what you are all up to!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home