Busy Days
Sounds familiar, eh? The final countdown is on to the big moving day. Of course this means that there is a lot of last minute packing and errands to do. It is very exciting for us to move to the country and we are really looking forward to it. Unfortunately, moving to the country can have its disadvantages, one of them being the loss of high-speed internet. This blog as you know it will either cease to exist or exist with few updates. If I can get to a library regularly, I will try to post but I don't think my entries will include photos :( At the very least, I will put some pictures on of our new place just to appease everyone's curiosity.
My garden is now six feet under, literally. Apparently there were some wires that needed to be replaced and had to go through part of the garden. It just so happens that the part they went through was where my potatoes and kale were. Thankfully I had dug up most of my potatoes and harvested most of the kale, as the rest of it got buried. I called the township about this construction and they were never notified about it. So for me, it's just "tough luck"! Oh well, next year our garden will be on our property and we can have control over when it gets plowed under :)
Check out the beautiful marigolds I grew from seed; they're huge!
The 'plowed-under' garden.
We have been having absolutely beautiful weather these days, making it feel very much like an Indian Summer. On one of the days we needed to get away from the packing and enjoy the weather, so off we went to our favourite park. It might be awhile before we return there so we better take advantage of it while we can.
Trying so hard to crawl.
Lots to pick up and put in his mouth.
My two big helpers getting a well deserved break!

3 Comments:
Hi Laura, I hope you will still do a blog. I have no problem doing mine with dial-up service. Just have to do something else in the meantime while the photos are loading up. Just can't do videos. zina.
For sure, you gotta keep it up !! It will be nice to be able to garden on your own property next year.
Hi Laura, you might try looking into a company called xplornet. Not sure what area you're moving to, but they're spreading out all over Canada. It's wireless highspeed.
A decent price, great service and good quality connection.
we've had them for two years now and really like it.
They also have satellite if it's available.
www.xplornet.com just plug in your new postal code and see what they have to say,
just a suggestion cuz I enjoy keeping up with your family :-)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home