In the Middle of Nowhere

making memories in the country

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Back to the Grind

Today was the first day back at school for the 2008/2009 school year. Anna is now in grade two and she definitely looks the part! I can't believe how grown up she's become over the summer; pretty soon she'll be as tall as me! She was actually nervous for today as it's the first time she'll be in a combined grade two class. (Her first two years of school she was in a split class -15 students each-now she has 31 kids in her class.) Combine that with meeting a new teacher and you've got a nervous little girl who couldn't sleep last night. Maranatha Christian School now has 265 students in Kindergarten to grade eight, the second highest enrollment in the Can. Ref. School system (Smithville is bigger according to our principal). Our school is maxed to the hilt as we still share the building with the high school. For the future there needs to be some change as we have maxed our use of portables - seven of them. This growth pattern doesn't seem to be slowing down anytime soon for which we can, ultimately, be thankful :)

So, now it's back to the routine of making lunches and getting up early. Naomi begins kindergarten on Thursday so that will be another tearful day. She is very excited so I don't think it will be her that will be too tearful :)
Right now, I'm just thankful that my husband arrived home safely after being away for five days to attend his sister's wedding in B.C. I'm glad he could go and have a wonderful time with family. I did feel left out and lonely at times but most of the time I was kept too busy with the kids to 'mourn' for long. I really hope we can visit everyone there in the near future as Silas really needs to meet his Grandpa and Grandma-Far-Away! By the way Auntie Lindsey, the girls just loved your wedding dress :)
To finish off, here's a picture of my two 'boys' being boys:

1 Comments:

Blogger Nancy-Mom said...

Thanks for letting us have him for those days, we loved it !!

Cute boys you have. Must be our son and grandson.
Anna does look grownup. Can't wait to see them again too.

9:24 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home