Packing gotten out of hand?!?!
We're in the midst of packing (or I should say "I'm in the midst of packing...") and it's been going really well. I feel like I'm on top of things and that everything is going according to schedule. There have been some glitches though...it seems that at some point things have gotten out of hand. I must confess that I'm a "Rubbermaid-Tote-Addict" as they're so nice to put out of season items in. I store them all downstairs on shelves so that they're out of the way but yet easy to access. Once I knew we were moving, I got a brainwave to label them all so that they would be much easier to identify in the midst of the move. Being a bit of an organize-aholic I thought the totes would look much better with computer generated labels than scrawled out chicken scratch to identify them all. I downloaded a template for the labels and printed out names for all my boxes. As it turns out, this became way too much fun and soon became obsessive. Friends of ours decided to help out by printing up the label below. On the same sheet were the labels: lawnmower, canoe, car... I think you get the picture:)
(BTW, I'm sure this picture won't last here, so hopefully you've all had your chuckle for the day:)
Anyway, as it turns out, this addiction has been treated and I'm now recovering by sticking to plain, old cardboard boxes. They're kind of boring but it gets kind of expensive if you want to use plastic, reusable boxes for all your stuff!
On to other news, Naomi has turned into our resident photographer. This afternoon I lent her the camera to take some shots of the activity in the backyard. Here are the results:
A frog Naomi and her friend caught in the backyard.
Blooms from the Hosta.
Bethany's cheesy smile.

6 Comments:
Great job Naomi! I especially love how you applied the "rule of thirds" on the toad picture! :o)
Love the label, BTW!
too funny Laura!
When is the actual big move day?
Shona
Yep, that wsa my chuckle for the day alright. I needed that as I had just told dad that I was feeling lonely for all you guys right now. Somehow I feel like we're further away then ever :o(
Rubbermaid does get a bit pricey after a while.
What????? I don't think Shona's ever commented on my blog!! How did you rate???!!!!!!
The big day is September 27th - one week away! As for rating, I'm not into keeping track of blog commentators. Although, I feel privileged to have two sister-in-laws comment on the same blog :) And Mom, we were just talking about tickets last night at dinner time. Prices are outrageous right now but hopefully they'll come down; keep your eyes out for a seat sale! Once we move, though, we'll have lots of room for you to visit if you're able :)
Good luck with the rest of your packing Laura! I can't wait to see your new place!!
It's a good thing I didn't make the label for Colin - I probably would've added "Annoying" in front of "Husband" (Just kidding - I couldn't resist!)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home