In the Middle of Nowhere

making memories in the country

Monday, March 29, 2010

Where did I leave off?

Okay, so it's been ages since I've posted a blog. So much has gone on in the last few months that it's hard to play catch up. So, I'll just post pictures and try to highlight a few of the 'goings on' of the last little while.

Oh, and the big news (the main reason for not blogging) is that we're expecting! I'm 21 weeks now and feeling much better than I did the first few months. I'm due the first week of August, so hopefully we don't have a crazy hot and humid summer.

So, onward. At the end of January, Colin and I went away for three days by ourselves. This was to celebrate our tenth anniversary that was remembered in February 2010. This was only the second time we have gone away with just the two of us (one other time being for just one night). It was a wonderful relaxing time and something we should do more often.


We went to a place just outside of Huntsville called Cedar Grove Lodge. We had our own two bedroom cabin, with the meals being prepared for us everyday in the main lodge. What a treat! I highly recommend this place for a romantic getaway.

We rented snowmobiles for a day and had a great time exploring the area that is close to Algonquin Park.

Overlooking the Haliburton Highlands near Dorset.

Our supercharged snowmobiles. I have a whole new respect for these machines. I'm more of a "lets go for a quiet hike" type of person but this was definitely fun for a day.

Our cabin. The steps led right down to the lake (which was frozen) where you could do some ice skating or ice fishing. We did neither but did go snowshoeing for a morning.


Then it was Naomi's 7th birthday on March 6th. (I'm not really sure what we did in February :).
She was really spoiled with a Build-a-Bear and just loved going to the store to pick out her dog and some clothes for it. She had a party with six friends and also got spoiled by them.

A fun party game - putting a penny between your knees and then trying to drop it into a jar.


We got a new dog! Genevieve, our indoor dog is still around, but we decided we'd like to have a big dog around our property. Lady, the new dog, is a kind of mutt. Her mom is half black lab and half border collie and her dad is... the neighbour's big yellow dog! We got quite the chuckle out of that :) So far ... she's been a great puppy and the kids all love her to bits.



Colin reading Silas a bedtime story.


We had a very laid back Spring Break as it was gorgeous weather and there was plenty for the kids to do at our house. We did go for a hike one day to see the Shand Dam and show my Mom and Dad some of the local sights. Above is a picture of the three amigos.

And then there's funny Silas. He's been so much fun lately - talking up a storm and loving to play outside.


On one of the afternoons it was so mild, the kids set up the play tent and proceeded to read books in there. What a way to relax!

Well, no promises that I'll be faithful to this blog from now on but I'll definitely try. I guess that means I should be taking some more pictures to document our busy lives.

4 Comments:

Blogger Nancy-Mom said...

Yes, it worked :-) :-) see, that wasn't so hard was it?? Several weeks packed into one blog, and lots of pictures for us to see. Thanks for both the updates and pictures !!!

9:19 p.m.  
Blogger momofcrt said...

Congratulations on the expected little one, what a blessing.
Sounds like you've been busy, great pictures I love the area you live in, so peaceful.
Marie

11:44 p.m.  
Blogger Tamara Jansen said...

I can see you lead a very busy life....and it's just gonna get busier! congratulations :)

11:50 p.m.  
Blogger Nellie said...

Congrats Colin and Laura! This new little one will add to your adorable family. God's blessings for a healthy pregnancy and a safe delivery. Nellie.

8:21 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home