Girls Night In
On weekend evenings it's always fun to do something fun as a family. However, Colin was gone last Friday night so it was just the kids and I at home. I decided it was the perfect night for a girls' night in, and so Anna and Naomi got to stay up late with me and have a party. Our parties are pretty low key but the girls thought I had gone crazy when I said they could have root beer floats. It's so easy to make them happy and excited at this age :)
Anna sipping away.
Naomi gulping hers :)
My attempt at a silly picture.
Playing Rummikub. This game is a real favourite right now as both Anna and Naomi can equally play it well. Naomi ended up winning - she's the cool-as-a-cucumber kind of kid who casually wins games and makes us all wonder how she did it.
Naomi posing with her pack of Trident gum as a reward for not sucking her thumb. She has been trying very hard to stop this bad habit and with great persistence, we believe she has overcome!
To top off our evening, I let the girls sleep in the guest room. Since Anna has her own room, the two girls miss sleeping together. This was a chance for them to 'bond' again and prove to me that they really can get along :)
I'm not sure how much sleeping got done...
Colin has a real soft spot for our two kitties. He has been spoiling them with a bowl of warm milk on our back deck. They have now figured out that if they wander around the deck long enough, someone may just come out with their special treat.
Proud looking Tiger.
Friendly Casey.

4 Comments:
Wow, that was sure a special treat for the kids, staying up late and then special treats...but....was that OUR holiday bed they were allowed to sleep in ????..okay, I guess that was okay.....this time !!! :-)
What a fun way to spend a Friday night! Lucky little ladies :)
Looks like fun! :) And Colin definitely got that soft spot from Dad - I remember him giving that same treat to our cats in Surrey :)
Sounds like great fun - I remember when we were kids and got to stay up late to play games and have chips and pop (a treat we didn't get often). Seems like you are carrying over a great tradtion - your children will treasure those special times (when can I come over to join in? :)
Love, Diane
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home