In the Middle of Nowhere

making memories in the country

Monday, December 13, 2010

I know,I know...

Every day it's been on my mind to write a blog, but...my camera has been MIA. First, I couldn't find my camera for a few weeks and then once I did find it, I left it at friend's house. She lives a distance away so I haven't had a chance to drive down and pick it up. It's just not the same writing a blog with no pictures.

There hasn't been anything spectacular happening around here in the last few weeks. Eden is now four months old and is still as happy as ever. She is so loveable because you just have to look at her and she smiles. The girls have been enjoying school and that has been confirmed by their fantastic report cards we received last week. Silas tried skating for the first time a few weeks back at the local arena. I think he had the impression that you could just strap on some skates and away you went. The first thing he said when he got on the ice was, "Dis hard...". I'm sure he'll catch on by the end of the winter if we take advantage of the local outdoor rink. Colin and I have been busy with Christmas dinners and social events. This past Saturday evening we took Anna and Naomi to see the Messiah at Centre in the Square in Kitchener. It was a beautiful performance with a lot of feeling put into the music by both the choir and orchestra. The girls were very impressed and thoroughly enjoyed it. Anna would now like to become a soprano singer someday :)
We also got our first big snowstorm this weekend - actually it all came on Sunday. We received about 15cm of snow and the temperatures plummeted so that driving conditions today are very icy. I was really hoping for a snow day today, but that was not meant to be. The Christmas cookies will have to wait till the Christmas holidays.
Well, that is a very brief update but at least I've satisfied your curiousity. There will be more to follow in the next couple of weeks but, first, I have to get my camera back!

2 Comments:

Blogger Nancy-Mom said...

Phew, at last :-) Of course we've talked but a blog in addition, is special ! even without a camera!

Poor Silas finding out that not everything comes natural !

I love listening to our Messiah cd and listen to it often, but hearing it in person is special. We don't get that here in Vernon.

I'm kinda waiting for someone to come and offer to bake for us over here :-) anyone ???

We had 7" of snow on Saturday but had thawing yesterday so, it's lookin dirty now :-(

10:08 p.m.  
Blogger momofcrt said...

Aunt Nancy I'll come over and bake for you! I love baking.
I listen to the Messiah every year at Christmas and sometimes during the year I'll sing some of the songs in my head. I think we can go to a Messiah concert in Edmonton but road conditions in the winter are not conducive to a city trip.
I always enjoy reading my cousin's posts, it's nice to keep in touch. I have a blog as well, it's private if you'd like to read it just send me an email to stads@xplornet.com and I'll add you.
Marie

10:57 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home