Finally!
I hope I'm back for good now.... It's always hard getting back into something you've left for so long. I do enjoy blogging but when I'm not doing it on a regular basis, something else quickly fills it's spot. What has made it easier, though, is the purchase of a new camera. After doing some research (we are so not impulse buyers :) and shopping around, we finally settled on the Nikon P500. It's not an SLR but not a simple point and shoot either. It's kind of an inbetween camera, with lots of options and a 36x zoom - much better than our old camera.
So, I've tried some different shots with it - experimenting with some of the modes and here are the results. Let me know what you think!
Everything looks amazingly lush and green at our place right now. We've had a ton of rain this spring; so not typical for Ontario weather.
An allium among a patch of alliums in our flowerbeds.
Our trustworthy and faithful dog, Lady.
Silas recently learned how to ride a two wheeler. Colin took off his training wheels one day and he just literally biked off on his own. I guess it goes with his natural athletic ability.
Our very happy Eden. She is just such a gem - always smiling. She is getting quite the reputation for her happy disposition :)
I can't seem to rotate these photos right now, but you can get a good look at her hair on these photos. She has permanent static hair - she has been nicknamed "Spike".
Our new trailer that we, DV, will be towing to BC this summer for some M family celebrations! We are so excited about our trip and the ability to take a trailer across. I feel so spoiled! We have always been tenters, so this is quite the upgrade. It's been lots of fun stocking it and making it feel like home. I have dubbed it the "Silver Submarine" and it will hereby be refered to as such. My ambitious plan is to blog every night on our four week trip - we'll see how that goes...
The trailer has enough sleeping space for all us, so no setting up extra tents each night we have to stop.
Our bed(room) is at the very back, with a bathroom and shower inbetween that and the couch area.
And, finally, a photo of our hammock in the front yard. This is where Colin thinks I lay all day reading and relaxing :)

5 Comments:
Beautful pictures, that camera is a keeper.:o) I think Eden looks just like Bethany. Such a smiley.
Silas looks like he's enjoyinh biking and, no doubt, showing off while at it :o)
The trailer looks beautiful and nice and spacious for that planed long haul. Looking forward to it.
You got an airstream??! Suh-weet...Erik's going to love it. But how does it sleep everyone? You have a pack'n play for Eden? Also...what other camers did you look at? We're in market too, and same thing...looking at like the Canon G12 or Panasonic Lumix
I missed you... so glad you are back. Hugs, Nellie.
Your home/yard look gorgeous. Have a safe vacation and please give Aunt Nancy and Uncle Ben hugs for me ;-).
Marie
You can pull THAT with your mini van?? I am impressed. I always understood that you were looking for a hybrid tent trailer?
Very nice!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home