In the Middle of Nowhere

making memories in the country

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Grandma Comes to Visit

This past week was exciting for all of us as Colin went on a three day canoe trip and my mom came to visit for a few days. The girls love it when Grandpa and Grandma come to visit and especially when they sleep over. This time just my mom came as my dad still works part-time. She came on Tuesday afternoon and stayed till Friday afternoon. She has never stayed that long and because she lives an hour and half away we don't often get chances to do things just with the two of us. She has so much good advice to pass on and there's nothing like having your own mom around to be able to chat with about anything! I sure wish my parents lived closer, but in a way I guess having her visit is nicer because now I will really cherish the times we are together. She's a great help too, cleaning things I don't get around to and helping out with the kids. Colin now says he should go away more often as so much got done around the house:) Between my mom and I, we mowed the grass, clipped the edges, replaced lightbulbs, cleaned the outside lights, vacuumed out the air ducts, and planted and rearranged some more plants in my front flowerbed. On top of that to keep busy on Saturday (so I wouldn't be waiting for him to come home all day), I cleaned my fridge from top to bottom, baked muffins and cookies, made soup, and took the kids to the park. Who needs a man around the house?! Now things are back to normal and Colin has a deeper appreciation for what goes on around the home. It's his turn now!

2 Comments:

Blogger Nancy-Mom said...

Man, I thought this was going to be a mini holiday for you as well but it looks like it was a major workfest ! I thought you'd be shopping, going out for coffee/tea & yummy stuff, going to parks and all those girly kinds of fun things. Instead you did the other kind of girly things.... HOUSE WORK !!!
ah well, sounds like you still enjoyed it !

3:02 p.m.  
Blogger Laura and Colin said...

Don't worry Mom, we went out for luuch, shopped downtown at the sidewalk sales and sat on the front porch sipping tea and chatting. Although we got lots of work done it goes pretty quick when you've got two of you!

6:44 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home