In the Middle of Nowhere

making memories in the country

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Beautiful Day

What a gorgeous day it was today! It was one of those leaf-crunching, cool-air, fresh-smelling days. I went for a walk with Naomi and Bethany to the library because Naomi started storytime today. On the way we pass through a neighbourhood that has all Victorian style homes with big maple trees lining the sides of the street. The yards were just carpeted with leaves and the colours were magnificent. It puts you in awe of our great and awesome Father.
Naomi was very excited for her first storytime and I was curious as to how she would do all alone in a group setting. You see, last year Anna went with her for the last session and she could rely on her to do all the talking. I was pleasantly surprised when she was very brave and marched into storytime all by herself. I think her confidence level has gone up ever since she took swimming lessons. It was then that we pushed her to persevere and she was as proud as a peacock when she passed. When Anna came home from school today, Naomi could proudly show off her work from storytime.
Anna also had something to show us from school; a craft about what she was thankful for. I don't know if she got any help from the teacher (she says she didn't) but her list was as follows : Mommy, corn, the Bible, our house, the Church, and the rainbow (in no particular order). Kids can surprise you, I guess I thought she would have put down toys and more personal possessions. It also shows how much we as parents have to keep pressing into them the importance of God in all realms of life.
As for Bethany, she is as cute as ever. She is in the curious stage of life right now and the whole world is opening up to her. She says quite a few words and loves being outside on her push car. I just don't want this stage to end!

1 Comments:

Blogger Nancy-Mom said...

good going girls. It's kind of fun isn't it when you get to do some things all by yourself without your sister there telling you what to do or how to do it. I'm proud of you both. Even Bethany getting so grownup !

11:19 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home