Social Butterfly
Just when I thought I was getting to be a bit of a social recluse, my life became busy with friends and visits. Last week was very busy socially but I really enjoyed it! It all started on Wednesday with Bible study after which a friend came over for lunch. On Thursday, I had another friend over for the morning and lunch. She was giving me introductory lessons in quilting. I have begun to make a quilt as a wall hanging to be displayed above our couch. For those who have not been in our house, we have a large sloped ceiling (almost cathedral) in our living room. This leaves a big empty spot above our couch that would be perfect for a large wall hanging. Since I've done a little bit of sewing I figured it would be a nice idea to make a quilt for that spot. I've learned so far that quilting is not as easy as it looks. I really want to do a good job on it so I'm taking my time and making sure I do my best. I'll try to keep you posted as to how it's going. Anyways, later on that afternoon I was invited for tea to another friend's house. This was convenient because Anna gets dropped off there from school so it wasn't out of my to go for this visit.
Friday morning I was up early to visit my friend Debra B., newlywed farmer, who had to show off her new found calling. She used to be a nurse but now that she is married to a farmer she has quit her job and become a full fledged farmer's wife. We had a great morning and the girls got to feed a calf from a bottle and collect eggs. They both now want to become farmers. This reminds me of the last time we visited a dairy farm. A while back we visited a family from our church who own a huge dairy farm. They took us on a tour of their barns and the milking parlour. It was very impressive and the girls were quite amazed. When we got home later that day they began playing 'cows'. Anna was the farmer and Naomi was the cow. Well, put two and two together and you've got Anna trying to 'milk' Naomi. Colin and I could barely hold back our laughter. They were very serious about this and Anna had to lead Naomi into the milking parlour. So, when they told me they wanted to become farmers this time around I was a little relieved and glad that at least they didn't want to become 'cows' this time!
Back to the socializing; on Saturday I helped my friend Juanita settle into her new abode. We got the whole main floor cleaned and set up, ready for her family that was showing up the next day. We had a great day and even though we don't live too close to each other, we have this ability to reconnect instantly when we get together. It was so nice that it was just the two of us so that we could be so productive. (Thanks so much, Chandra, for watching the kids so I could do this!) Colin attended an Officebearer's Conference during this whole time so he could also have something productive to do.
The rest of the weekend was quiet and relaxing. It's a nice way to start a new week when you've had a restful and encouraging Sunday. Tomorrow is another quiet day and I hope I can get a lot accomplished on my quilt!

1 Comments:
Sounds like you've been pretty busy alright. Got any pattern picked out for your quilt ?
Better not take the girls to too many places or they're gonna have a hard time figuring out what to be when they get older !
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home