School Field Trip
I went on Anna's first field trip today to a local park. The kindergarten students were visiting the park as part of their unit on Fall. They were to be on the look out for all things pertaining to this season and point out such items as leaves, nests, etc., to their teacher. It was a very cold morning but they were all well bundled up. It's so cute to see how something so simple can be so fun for them. Naomi and Bethany came with me, as they wouldn't be interupting anything important. Naomi was not shy at all and acted just as if she were in kindergarten too! She held Miss Vis's hand and did whatever she told the rest of the class to do. What an eager beaver!
Anna woke up at 10:30 pm last night to discover that her tooth was gone and she now had a quarter (that's all the money I had on me). You could tell that she was almost waiting in her sleep for the tooth fairy to come. It makes me wonder if she was just pretending that she was asleep when I put the money under the pillow. She definitely doesn't speak about the tooth fairy with conviction! After I asked her to put the money in her piggy bank she told me that she was going to keep it out and bring it to school the next day. I then told her sharply that she would lose it there and that she should get back to bed. "But Mom, I want to put it in the Mission jar in our classroom!" Boy, did I ever feel bad for scolding such a good intention. With that cleared up we both slept soundly for the rest of the night.

1 Comments:
sounds like you had a fun day girls. Good for you too Anna putting the tooth fairy money in the jar at school. What are they saving that for?
Looks like you got an outsider comment this time. That ain't our Alex. !
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home