Regular Routine
Nothing exciting happening around here lately; just our regular routine. I find then that I get stuck in a rut of the same old routine. Sometimes you just have to break out of it! It's good for the kids though, to know that everything is the same everyday.
The weekend was spent doing errands on Saturday and socializing on Sunday (along with listening to two good sermons from our minister). We were invited away for lunch and had a nice time getting to know a family from our church a little better. Monday was our regular "recovery day" with lots of tidying up and cleaning getting done. Once that was done I needed to go the mall for a few things. What an adventure that is! I don't do it very often at all because with no one to watch my children it is quite harried. I usually go with low expectations and that way I'm more relaxed about everything. Besides Bethany losing her favourite blankie in Zellers, we all arrived home in one piece. Tuesday night was spent with the lights down low. No, it wasn't a romantic evening for Colin and I with no kids. Since we live in town it's a little harder to avoid the whole Halloween craze. We decided as parents that even though we went out as kids, it's not something we want to start in our own family. How will our neighbours be able to distinguish light from darkness? How can I tell them that I'm a Christian but I'm okay with Halloween? These were the types of questions going through our heads. We decided to stay away from something that seems harmless but is actually a subtle way of blending light and darkness. Anyway, the kids had a lot of fun staying up late and playing in the dark.
Wednesday I had Bible study and it was my turn to lead. I always get a little nervous but we have a very small group and we are all quite comfortable with each other. We never have a problem getting a discussion going! We are studying the Minor Prophets right now and in particular Zechariah. It is not an easy book but I'm glad we're studying it because on my own I would probably just bypass it.
Any chance that I've been able to get I've been resting because I have caught a bad cold. I haven't had one in a year and a half so I think this one is making up for it. That or I can't remember what a cold is like anymore. I guess it's good for building up my immune system. I think I'll go to be early so I'll feel rested up enough for tomorrow's busy day. Friday is our skating day and the kids are really looking forward to it!
I have some recent pictures to post but I'm not the greatest with getting them on here so you'll have to wait until Colin has a chance. That might be a while as he's got a "million" things to do right now for the new business venture.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home