In the Middle of Nowhere

making memories in the country

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Meerstra & Co., Chartered Accountant

Back in August of 2005 I was approached by two partners of the Chartered Accounting firm where I have been for three years. They were wondering if I was interested in buying them out as they entered semi-retirement. I was more than willing, and since then much has been done in the way of planning and preparations, such that as of January 2, 2007, the door will be open for business! There will be four people in addition to myself - the two Chartered Accountant's that I have bought out (working the equivalent of a full-time person between them), a full-time Certified General Accountant, and a full-time bookkeeper /payroll /receptionist. This is an incredible opportunity that the Lord has blessed me with, and I am truly thankful for the support received to date from family and friends, as well as the positive response from many of the clients.
And for those who are particular about their grammar, I understand (too well) that it should be "Accountants", as the 'Meerstra & Co.' is plural. However, I am restricted to the singular since I have no other full-time Chartered Accountant working for me. The rules are very restrictive. But this slip in grammar passes most by here in the country - what with their "How are yous doing" and their terrible spelling!


The top picture is of my office, while the bottom picture is from the back of the office looking to the front. The door at the end is from the reception area at the front, the door to the right of that is my office, and to the right of that is the boardroom/lunchroom door.

This picture is from the front looking down the hall to the back. The corner cabinet holds our server, and the machine on the drawer unit is our network printer/copier/scanner/fax - it's very nice to have just one unit to perform all these functions, as space is at a premium. Down the hall are two doors on the left - one office and the other (at the very end) the file room. In total there are four offices, a file room, boardroom/lunchroom, bathroom, and reception - just perfect for our needs.

And this beautiful flower arrangement that will grace the front counter for the next week (hopefully it lasts that long) is from my parents (thanks Mom!). We thank God for this opportunity, and pray for His blessing as we begin conducting business next week.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nancy-Mom said...

Wow, thanks for the pictures, nice looking office, sure has all come together beautifully. Good job !

11:01 p.m.  
Blogger Chandra said...

Looks very sharp, Colin! Maybe we'll get a chance to look through it in person sometime soon...

11:35 a.m.  
Blogger Lisa said...

Congratulations! The office looks great and so spankin' new! It must be so exciting to start this fresh new venture. May God richly bless it!

9:05 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home