In the Middle of Nowhere

making memories in the country

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Happy New Year!

I didn't think it was too late to wish everyone a happy new year as I think most people are still in the holiday/party mode till their kids get back to school. That's the way it has been at our house anyway. We had a quiet new year's party with our friend Jacqueline P. She's our great babysitter turned family friend, who we love to have over. Colin had asked her at church what she was doing for new years and she said, "Nothing yet!". We then decided it would be fun to have her over and "do nothing" with us! We ended up chatting, playing Settlers of Catan and Wizard and eating croquettes. She slept over and the next morning after eggs and toast, made and served by my dear husband, we scrap booked for the rest of the day. It was such a relaxing way to spend the day after having stayed up quite late. The kids were in a good mood too, as we're ogres that way, and put them to bed at their regular time. They will have lots of time in their lives to stay up late and have parties. It's no fun dealing with cranky kids the next day!
The rest of the week has been flying by. Tuesday was a very busy day with babysitting, shopping and visits with Chandra and my old neighbour Joyce. Today was another scrap booking day, this time with Joyce, and then skating at the arena for the Tim Horton's skate. The kids have been loving all this activity and hopefully won't be feeling bored once normalcy returns. I know that if we had snow right now we'd been spending a lot of time outside. Since there's none in sight here, much to my disappointment, we have to find other things to do.
We have a digital camera now but since I'm not used to having one I've been forgetting to take pictures with a view to posting them on this blog. You'll have to be patient with me as I'm not that technologically inclined.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nancy-Mom said...

Hey, pictures are nice but if you don't have any, just regular postings are just as good !

11:02 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home