Same old, same old (mixed with fun)!
Not much new happening around here lately, just the regular things that keep a young family busy. Our week started out with the ice storm that I'm sure everyone has already heard about. That day (Monday) was also the day that Anna had her first dentist appointment. It was just in town so it was not a big deal to get over there with the slippery roads. I'm proud to announce that she had no cavities and got to sign her name on the cavity free wall. I hope this trend continues as when I was a child, I had cavities all the time. I hated going to the dentist (still do)!
Tuesday was haircut day for the girls and I wish I had taken my camera. They all just got a trim but to them it's a big deal. For the next few days they don't want "pretties" in their hair because they think it will ruin their new hairdo.
Wednesday I had my old neighbour Joyce over for a day of scrap booking. I love it when she comes over because it's so fun to reminisce about the days when we shared driveways, tea, cooking utensils, baking ingredients, games, fun times, kids ... just about everything! I really miss their family when I think about our old neighbourhood but I sure don't miss our old house. We always had extra company living with us there in the form of mice, skunks, squirrels and possibly rats. Eew, it just makes me squeamish to write about it, I don't know how I survived there before!
In the mean time we got a lot more snow so the kids and I went tobogganing a few more times. Boy, did we ever have fun! The snow was very light - perfect for getting that face full of white powder while speeding down. What a great way to get the kids tired out for the day.
On Friday evening we went to Chris and Juanita's house for dinner without the kids. Once there, Juanita had planned a gourmetten for us. This is the second time we have done dinner this way and we just love it. I'm sure we will go out and get a set for ourselves now. It's such a great way to enjoy a meal; it's social and fun spread over three hours. We ate ourselves plum full after which we had dessert of strawberry rhubarb pie and tea. Needless to say, I could have rolled myself home as the saying goes. Oh well, it's not everyday that we eat like that! We didn't get home too early though, so tonight it's early to bed so that we can enjoy a spiritual feast tomorrow.

1 Comments:
Boy oh boy, some vain little girls you have there :o)!! Cute, I can just picture them primping, especially Anna !
As to eatin, you're allowed to 'pig out' once in a while !
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home