In the Middle of Nowhere

making memories in the country

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Coming down the catwalk

Here's model number one:



















Silas is wearing his new retro romper that I put the finishing touches on today. It's made from material by Betsy Telford called "The Roaring '20s and Beyond". Doesn't it just bring you back a few decades? I got this material online through a company called "i heart felt" which is local to us and therefore didn't have to pay shipping. They have a nice selection of retro fabrics that I stocked up on to make some really unique outfits for the kids.
I'm in a bit of a quandary though; do I make a dress shirt for it to wear on Sundays or do I leave it as it is and keep it for fun days at the beach? Let me know your thoughts!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so cute! I'd pair it with a darkish t-shirt and chunky brown sandals for Church.
And then make another one for going to the beach!
This makes me miss having little ones to dress up :(

10:26 p.m.  
Blogger Chandra said...

I second Faith's opinion...
Very cute!

7:26 a.m.  
Blogger Laura and Colin said...

Thanks for the comments ladies! I do have a pair of brown sandals for him so I think I better get started on the shirt :)

8:20 a.m.  
Anonymous Lindsey said...

Very cute Laur!!!

10:41 a.m.  
Blogger Nancy-Mom said...

So cute!, and I second the other comments.

1:43 p.m.  
Blogger momofcrt said...

I fourth the comments, very cute for Sunday with what Faith suggested.
And I also agree with Faith, dressing small children was fun. Now they have minds of their own and styles (and I use that word verrrry loosely when it comes to my boys) of their own.
marie

7:19 p.m.  
Anonymous Janice said...

Looking good Laura! Where's Bethie's creation?
Janice

4:36 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home