A picture is worth a thousand words...
Both the computer and our family went through a spell of illness, thus the lack of posts. We are all back at full speed now and feel much better. To update our last few weeks with explanations would take forever, so this time around it's pictures with (hopefully) short descriptions.
Our beautiful daffodils went from garden to...
table.
Anna turned eight on May 1st. I can't believe it's been eight years since that 22hr labour that had me saying, "That's it, we're only having one... :)" She is growing up to be a very smart and responsible young lady. She is also very conscientious of her relationship with the Lord, for which we are most thankful. May God bless her with many more years in His service.
Reading the card from Grandma & Grandpa M.
Part of her present from Grandma and Grandpa M. - a two-part bathing suit.
Anna was very spoiled this year for her birthday. She received from us a 'Just Like Me' American Girl doll. She was speechless when she opened her present as her and Naomi have been drooling over the catalogue for a couple of years already.
Since the doll broke the bank, I decided to make an outfit for her new doll. It's so nice to have at least one outfit to change your doll into when playing.
The day after her birthday we had a party for her and her friend. Their birthday's are only two days apart so it makes sense to combine the parties. Above, Anna is featuring the bonnet her friend's mom made for her as part of her birthday present. Now she can be more authentic when Naomi, Bethany and herself play Little House on the Prairie.
The two birthday girls.
The whole gang enjoying homemade pizzas, party mix and veggies for lunch.
We've had quite the number of feathered friends visiting our bird feeder that is right outside our kitchen windows. The blue jays tend to take over but we do see other varieties too; American goldfinches, indigo buntings, juncos, brown headed cowbirds (pests), common redpolls, redwinged blackbirds, robins, nuthatches, downy woodpeckers, mourning doves... I think that's all the we have checked off in our bird book :) Oh, and we have a red tailed hawk who has made his nest at the very top of one of the trees in our bush. We do see our share of wildlife here; the other night we saw two deer saunter over the driveway and through the bush.
I must add two bits of information yet. The first being that my husband spoiled me with a Kitchen Aid mixer the other day. I just love it! I can't believe how quickly I can get my baking done now. Like my one friend said to me, "It's going to revolutionize your world, you'll wonder how you did without one!" She's definitely right on this one. Although, I must say that baking by hand has given me some strong biceps; you don't want to mess with this baker.
The other bit of info is that I've been on a sewing spree. I made a dress with matching purse for Bethany and a romper for Silas. It's been so fun getting back into clothing sewing that I feel like I'm a tad bit addicted to it. My models are both sleeping right now so you'll have to wait for pictures.
Well, that's all folks!

2 Comments:
Thanks for the pictures and post. I love all the regular updates and pictures, makes me feel a little like we're there as well. The hill behind us is full of yellow flowers right now. Looks pretty from a distance and they look like daffodils from here in the office but they're called mules ears or such, not daffodils, but it still looks nice, all the yellow amongst the tumbleweed.
Love the pictures!!The doll and clothing looks pretty neat. Tell Anna Happy B Day. She's growing so fast. I'll call soon. Looking forward to the camping!! Jo
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home