In the Middle of Nowhere

making memories in the country

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Tidbits

It's been a busy few weeks again but busy in a good way. As in all families, there is never a dull moment. The point is to enjoy all these moments; which I'm really trying to do. If there has ever been a time in my life where I thought time flew, it would be now. Well, enough with the philosophical preamble, here's what we've been up to.


Silas and Bethany's music class is now over. They really enjoyed it and had lots of fun singing, playing games and making crafts. Here they are performing their mini recital. Silas is playing the triangle while Bethany is playing the sticks.


I've been doing some sewing again and this time made a sleep sack from a pattern. I was fortunate enough to win a pattern from these ladies' site, who in turn were reviewing the pattern from this lady's site. All these women from our church who are into sewing (much more than me :) I really like how it turned out and will be making more of them when our baby makes it's appearance.



I also made Anna a play dress. As mentioned in earlier posts, our girls love to play Little House on the Prairie. To continue promoting this kind of play it was important for them to have summer play dresses. Naomi's dress is next...



Finally, today was such beautiful weather that I let Silas play outside all afternoon without taking a nap. He was so set on learning how to ride his trike that I didn't want to disturb his concentration. Then at around 5pm he came into the office crying about something. He basically collapsed on the floor and fell asleep from pure exhaustion. What a boy!

2 Comments:

Blogger Nancy-Mom said...

Very nice dress Anna, lucky you having a mom that can sew dresses for you girls.
Poor Silas, but he was obviously not ready to stop playing and napping earlier. Did he figure out how to ride the trike?

2:29 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sleep sack looks great Laura!
Great job on the dress too.
Miss you guys, hugs and kisses all around!
Shona

3:01 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home